Monday, June 18, 2007

a piece of greenpoint history



while walking one day in february, less than a block from my apartment, past a building which had formerly been covered in the plague of my neighborhood--aluminum siding--i encountered a hidden piece of greenpoint history. it was a painted advertisement pointing to my local liquor store. the nasty skin of aluminum was ripped off, and i breathed in another time. but as quick as i took that breath, the construction workers moved to cover the wall with plywood, soon to be "pseudo stucco", a disgusting process disguising styrofoam to look like stucco! ah, but what a beautiful moment it was that i was transported back in time! i didn't have a camera, but luckily i was walking with arda, whose point-and-shoot i commandeered. now the wall lives on, as the wallpaper of my mac.

p.s. the hair goes tomorrow.

2 comments:

EPISTEPHILIA said...

I still love this shot!!!! Yay!!!!

Amy said...

Great photo, glad Arda had his camera!