Sunday, July 22, 2007

it came from brooklyn....



i swear to god i was determined not to bore anyone anymore with tomatoes and vegetables and my naive ramblings about the cycle of life. but damnit if emilia the stone cold polish fox--my garden mother--didn't send me pictures of the GIANT ZUCCHINI she grew in her backyard IN BROOKLYN. and i'm sure that the colossal size of this beastly veggie has nothing to do with hydroponics, hormones nor living in a filthy city. it's all about the egg.

see below for photo proof of emilia's all-around amazingness. yes. it's a word because i said so.

incidentally, sometimes in the dead of winter, emilia threatens to move away from her shoebox brooklyn studio. but c'mon city dwellers, could you leave a yard like this? having been in california for three weeks at the height of harvest, it's killing me to imagine how red and luscious my tomatoes must be right about now.


photos courtesy of emilia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well she's awfully cute, isn't she!?!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kitty! I am so excited!

Amy said...

Sheesh, that is one HUGE zucchini!