Sunday, September 2, 2007

i'd like to thank god, the academy & evan


this post serves duals duty as:

1) something ridiculous to share with my adoring audience

2) a big fat thank you to evan, who 'loaned' me his canon powershot a95 point and shoot when he upgraded to a gorgeous leica p&s.

why, you ask, would i want a point and shoot when i spend all my loot on my nikon dslr system? the answer is the above photo, taken last night at midnight as emre and i tottled back from our favorite new bar, the mark bar, WHICH HAS SKEE BALL, darts, pool, candyland, an ouiji board and very often FREE FOOD. emre had a true 'beginner's luck' moment, nailing the impossible 100 slot on his first ball, which crushed his heart with each subsequent 10er. the sad news--no tickets for redeeming swirly candy sticks.



anyhoo, in another part of greenpoint, where i don't often tread, we came across the above 'chinese musician' restaurant. wow. what a name. where did it come from? was it opened by a proud chinese musician? can you only eat there if you are a chinese musician? or are the diners graced with the music of a chinese musician? first i had my usual, 'man--i wish i had a camera with me!' moment. my d70s is just to bulky and valuable to tote everywhere i roam in this city. then disappointment gave way to excitement and supreme thanks to evan for the loan. yeah, i suppose, relating to my last post, that a camera phone would do the trick. but did i mention how much fun i'm having with the video?

i just want to mention that the following segment was not coached (except i asked her to repeat it for the camera). one day my friend kim reported that ginger just came out with the following statement, and now periodically declares:

8 comments:

Amy said...

You know what I want in my house? An air hockey table and two side-by-side skee ball games!!! That would be the coolest!!! I have no desire for video games, but those two things sound fabulous to me. I wonder how one goes about getting a skee ball setup?

kitty joe said...

i bet they must sell them used somewhere--i mean, who's playing skee ball anymore? just make sure you get the one that spits out tickets.

kim said...

Emre looks really built in that photo. Maybe it is just the angle? Maybe just the beer? Wowow. I love the video of my girlies!

Ames said...

Ginger... your too damn cute, and you too Rosie...

And Kitty, your posts always leave me very hungry.

kitty joe said...

yeah, i guess i am a bit food-obsessed. it's just so good.

peakie said...

smart kid.

abbie said...

its like a commercial, those two crack me up!

Amy said...

Who plays Skee Ball???? Me, that's who. When I have to suffer through a CEC experience, I head straight to Skee Ball. I have to complain about a million times though because I get ripped off in the ticket area!

Oh my gosh, look what you can get off ebay, it's in NY, wanna pick it up for me? http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Skee-Ball-Game-Arcade-Midway-Version_W0QQitemZ170149763510QQihZ007QQcategoryZ234QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one is even better! http://cgi.ebay.com/13-Skee-ball-Arcade-Machine-by-Skeeball_W0QQitemZ280152766696QQihZ018QQcategoryZ20270QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem