Monday, September 17, 2007

which composition do you like better?

sorry, i'm gonna make you turn your head sideways. i have no idea why these photos refuse to load vertically, but since i'm just asking for an opinion and not trying to show off here, please bear with me. these are three almost identical photos, save for three distinguishing little details. AS ALWAYS, CLICK ON ANY PHOTO TO MAKE IT BIGGER!

first: the level


second: the level plus truck lights

third: the tilted horizon


okay, i want EVERYONE who sees this post to comment with a choice. now is your chance, you silent readers, to make a comment! even if you don't care, and hate them all. tell me why. and no, you don't have to sign in to comment! except mom. don't try to comment. just keep pretending you don't read this. please.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tilted one.
Better light/focus/shadows in the bottom puddle.The light on the side of the building in the background and the sky above/behind the roof line brings out the "twisted" perspective nicely. The moon is in a more prominent place etc.

abbie said...

at the risk of sounding retarded... i like the second photo for the sharpness around the puddle (grass blades), but i am torn because i like the third for lack of truck and the tilted view. maybe someone who knows more can comment!

Suzan Given said...

Hi Kitty--The longer I look at these images, the more I like them. I like the third one the best. But, I just read the comment about the grass blades, and that is a really cool effect (don't quite have the photography technical lingo down yet) which I didn't notice at first. The image is surreal anyhow, and tilting adds an extra dose of surreal-ness.

EPISTEPHILIA said...

Awesome shots Kitty! I have to say the second one is the one I like best. The tilted seemed to have me looking more at the middle lighted area than at the puddle. But where is the truck everyone is talking about?

EPISTEPHILIA said...

Hey Kitty,
actually, looking at them some more, and keeping in mind that you asked about composition, I think the first one is the one to choose.

kim said...

I choose number 2.

Naomi Campbell said...

I like the level plus truck lights. Seems more interesting to look at. I love the puddles.

Mieke said...

Hi Kitty,
Returned to blog land!!! At least reading so far, still waiting for my inspiration to burst out...
I totally caught up with your blog, love your writing, the cute Rose and Ginger videos, etc.
I love all 3 of these last pictures but that is not a valid feedback so if I have to choose one, number 2 is my favorite!

Keep on blogging in the free world ;-)

Naomi Campbell said...

Looks like #2 has rocketed to the top.

EPISTEPHILIA said...

But Kitty you duped us all. These are examples of earth, wind, fire, and air. Show only the last one.

Amy said...

Kitty, I'm going with photo number one. Compositionally, it is my favorite at first glance and after looking at them all enlarged. Sister Christian

Anonymous said...

I like the extra lights in the 2nd one.